Got an integration problem? Need your BACnet BBMD's configured correctly? Need advice on how to troubleshoot a broken bus? Need an extra hand with product selection?
I have six years of field experience in building automation. I was the Branch Technical Specialist at Honeywell's Markham branch, providing sales advice and direct troubleshooting for key sites. I provided technical support and mentoring for field technicians. I delivered projects that required my software development background and had a high degree of technical risk, and I distilled complicated technical problems down to the basics for customers and management.
I am Niagara R2, AX, and N4 certified. I am familiar with the depths of the latter two, having written custom program objects to speed up large-scale integrations such as the linkage between VAVs and lighting occupancy sensors at the Peter Gilgan Centre for Research and Learning.
Not all data comes quietly into your database.
📈 Finance and Accounting
There are certified, experienced professionals manually entering financial transactions into Excel off pieces of paper.This is not okay. It's a waste of expertise and easy to screw up. I can help you streamline that.
🧪 Alternative Data
Is there data on a website, spreadsheet, PDF, or in an streaming video that you regularly need updated in your database? I can get that set up as an automatic pipeline.
These are some examples of relevant projects I was responsible for.
USDA Market Data Report Parser
- Private project developed for a private firm
- Collects data from USDA reports that are human-friendly, human-typed text reports that are challenging to parse (above data is from here)
- Automated execution ensures user's database is always up to date
- Immediate e-mail notifications summarize new report contents with charts and statistics
Charity Job Hub
Multiple Sites, Unified Filtering
- Collected job postings from the largest charity and non-profit job posting sites and harmonized the job postings into a single database of listings
- Provided a filtering interface to users to select postings based on the relevance to their careers
- Supported both positive ("must have one of ...") and negative ("must not have any of ...") filters on all important columns
- Helped users keep track of relevant postings with a calendar of application deadlines and in-interface marking of "applied" and "interesting" jobs
- Updated daily and deleted expired postings (which many sites leave up for months)
I created the data acquisition, analysis, and visualization system for a family office trading livestock futures.
It is a multi-threaded scraping system that uses a regular expression meta-language that I created to aid the parsing of USDA reports. The system also collects data using JSON, XML, XLS, and HTML scraping. FTP connection to the broker enables cross referencing futures data with account and position details. Automated emails notify traders of liquid spreads and contracts near expiry. A self-hosted (AWS) Tableau Server that I installed and configured integrates all of the above data. I know a little something about roll yield and basis and enough about options to handle your data.
I've spent countless hours making custom indicators and automated trading strategies, as well as building trading simulators and macro analytics systems. I haven't found a money machine yet, but I know how to avoid a false sense of security in backtested data.
If you have similar needs, reach out!
- Code Example: Extracting Historical Data from Interactive Brokers API
- Compliment to Standard Move Risk Management: Volatility Bands
- Method to Sync MultiCharts Database + Studies Across Computers
- Function + Indicator for Risk Management: Standard Move
- Interactive Brokers Order Types and Algo Overview (For Ordinary Folks)